7 FABULOUS HOME ADDITIONS: IDEAS AND PHOTOS FOR INSPIRATION
by Katherine Alex Beaven
Need more room, but don’t want to move? You may be considering a home addition as a way to get the extra space you need without giving up your beloved home or neighborhood. If so, you certainly aren’t alone, as home additions and extensions increased 52% in 2020 compared to the year prior, according to Houzz.
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- You’re working remotely and need a real home office instead of the dining room table.
- After cooking and eating more meals at home you’ve decided you deserve a bigger kitchen.
- You want a home gym that’s such a cool place to go that you’ll keep working out.
- With new family members living under the roof, you need to expand to protect everyone’s sanity.
Whatever your motivation, here are seven ingenious home addition ideas guaranteed to get your creative juices flowing and supply that last injection of inspiration you need to start researching reliable remodeling contractors!
4. A PERFECT RECIPE: A KITCHEN BUMP-OUT THAT CREATES MORE SPACE
When a family of five in Minnesota’s Twin Cities realized there wasn’t enough room for all the cooks in the kitchen, they asked Bluestem Remodeling to help them find a solution.
However, it turned out to be a challenging project since there wasn’t much available existing space to work with — and they were on a tight budget tied to a home improvement loan from the local government.
Click HERE learn more about this kitchen addition project!
Two-Cook Cottage Kitchen Bump-out Addition
A very small addition creates space for the entire family
Read the rest of the blog Here.
Thinking about a home addition to help make your own home function better for your needs? Contact us to learn how the Bluestem design design and build team can help!