We create a more collaborative and satisfying path for your remodeling experience, a path focused on close communication and discovering a shared vision for your home. From initial design to final construction, Bluestem’s uniquely attentive team of specialists, designers and craftspeople guides you through each step of the journey leading to customized spaces that
reflect your needs, aesthetics and values.
The Bluestem Design-Build Process for Getting Fantastic Remodeling Results
Bluestem’s detailed process ensures your project is done right. You are always aware of your options, schedule and investment. Our highest priority is creating results you will love and an experience you will be glad to remember.
We utilize a detailed quality control process to reduce mistakes and surprises, make sure you are always heard and help you get the best possible solutions for your home. These are key pieces of a great remodeling experience.
We create a partnership with you – a collaborative relationship built on communication, trust and consistency. Our personalized design and planning strategies combine our expertise with your voice to create results you will love for years to come.
#1 CLIENT CONSULTATION
Customer Relationship: We start by getting to know each other.
Your Needs Come First: Our team learns about your needs and dreams for your home. You will come to understand the enormous value you receive when working with us — and how much fun it can be! This step includes an initial in-home consultation and an optional meet & greet with members of our team.
What does it cost?There is no charge for getting to know each other.
#2 BLUESTEM’S 4-PHASE DESIGN & PLANNING PROCESS
Good planning is the best way to ensure your project is done right! It can also ensure that you have a great experience and enjoy the remodeling process. Our organized and proven 4-Phase Design & Planning Process is your assurance that you will get what you want and stay on your budget – “to the penny”. (Questions about our Design & Planning process? Email us at Team@bluestemRemodeling.com)
Phase 1: Project Launch
- Online Project Portal Setup: Your personalized project portal is created. You’ll never have to worry about having all the details for your project – milestones, options, financial information, and communication – they’re all in one place, available 24/7.
- Design Kick-off Meeting: The planning and design process is officially kicked off at your home! The project area is measured and 2D “as-built” plans are created.
- We investigate the conditions of your home so we know what’s possible.
- You will begin in-depth discussions with your designer for a more complete understanding of your needs, dreams, goals, and budget.
Phase 2: Design Exploration
- We explore your visual inspiration items and ideas.
- Concept Presentation Meeting:
Here you will see:
– Options for design, layout, features and scope of your project.
– Detailed budget ranges based on each of the designs being presented.
– 3D computer renderings.
Phase 3: Project Assessment
- The Selections Kick-off Meeting: Discussion with your designer about interior design (tiles, flooring, lighting, colors, etc.)
- Do you ever wonder how people pick out all those fixtures, surfaces and colors?
Our Managed Selections Process makes it easy! Do you like to shop on your own? Or would you rather have more support from the design team?
We discuss how to best partner with you then tailor the process to your personal preferences, and in all cases, help organize the many decisions so you won’t get overwhelmed.
- We further refine the details of your project working towards the final scope.
Phase 4: Design Resolution
- On-Site Project Analysis. This meeting is key to reducing surprises and giving you our bid-price guarantee. It includes in-depth technical problem-solving, detailed investigation of your home by all of our partners, and a full team review of building strategy.
- Your Lead Carpenter gets to know the details of your home to be fully prepared.
- The scope of work should be 99% finalized at this stage.
- A bid price contract is created.
- Project presentation meeting.
#3 CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT MEETING
- You are presented with the final, guaranteed bid-price Construction Contract. There will never be a surprise bill; there is no “going over budget” when you work with us.
- Once the construction contract is signed and the deposit is paid, it’s time to start planning and preparing for the work to begin!
#4 PRE-CONSTRUCTION & CONSTRUCTION
- Pre-construction begins! During this stage you will start to meet with our production team, your construction start date is determined, and all other construction preparations begin.
- Construction permits are obtained (building permits and partner permits).
- The team will ensure your selections are ordered correctly, arrive on-time and are thoroughly inspected before they are to be installed in your home.
- A Construction Schedule is drafted in your online portal.
- Project Oversight: Your Project Lead provides consistent leadership.
- You will receive regular updates on the progress of your project.
- Designer Check-ins. Our designers make site visits during construction to stay connected.
- Quality-control checklists are used to ensure on-track, accurate work.
- Your Client Champion stays with you throughout the entire process.
We stand behind our work and want to make sure your newly remodeled spaces serve you for years to come. We stay in regular contact with you after your project is complete and will cheerfully attend to appropriate warranty concerns during the warranty period.
Our warranties include:
- 12 Months Workmanship Warranty
- 24 Months Mechanical Systems Warranty
- 10 Year Structural Warranty
- Lifetime Cabinetry Warranty
For more information visit our Warranties Page.
If you have any questions about our full-service design through construction process, email us at Team@bluestemconstruction.com